Eleanor Haspel-Portner, Ph.D., a former clinical psychologist (CA, License # Psy5297), specializes in work with couples, individuals, and families. Eleanor has been in private practice since 1974.
Eleanor received her Ph.D. from The University of Chicago, Department of Comparative Human Development. With her interdisciplinary background, Eleanor’s passion is helping individuals, couples, and groups synthesize life experiences in practical ways for healthy, successful, and creatively fulfilling lives.
Eleanor has extensive postgraduate training in multiple psychological, consciousness, and therapeutic disciplines. She is a trained in Imago Therapy.
In addition to being a prominent relationship specialist and therapist, Eleanor has is highly versed in Jungian dream analysis, Clean Language, Hypnotherapy, Heart Math, and, Meditation.
Eleanor is an interactive, solution-focused coach. Her coaching approach is to provide support and practical feedback so clients effectively address personal life challenges. She offers a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Licensed Clinical psychologist (CA, License Number: Psy5297)
- LA Erickson Institute (Co-Founder)
- Imago Relationship Work
- American Society for Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH Approved Consultant)
- American Psychological Association
- Certified Clean Communication Coach (Institue for Leadership Management)
- Past President of the Southern California Society for Clinical Psychology
- Numerous web publications
- Marriage In Trouble: A Time of Decision. Nelson -Hall. 1976. Chicago, Illinois.
- Sociocultural Factors in the Development of Guilt. University of Chicago, Dissertation. 1971.